Rumors have it that the Standards Organisation of Nigeria 2018 Recruitment form is out online. I would like to bring to your notice that most of this information is false and you should be smart before you get scammed by those who will offer you a false information or form in exchange for money.
The aims and objectives of the SON include:
- Preparation of standards relating to products, measurements, materials and processes among others, and their promotion at the national, regional and international levels;
- Certification of industrial products;
- Assistance in the production of quality goods;
- Improvement of measurement accuracy and circulation of information relating to standards.
Standards Council of Nigeria
The SON’s governing body is known as the Standards Council of Nigeria (hereinafter called the “Council”).
This is the policy-making body for supervising the administration and financial management of SON.
The Council is responsible for among other things:
- Advising the Federal Government of Nigeria generally on the national policy on standards;
- Standards specifications;
- Quality control and metrology;
- Designating, establishing and approving standards;
- Determining the overall policy of SON;
The Director-General of Standards Organisation of Nigeria
The Director-General of SON is the Chief Executive, whose responsibilities revolve around the day-to-day administration of the organisation within the broad guidelines formulated by the Council.
Standards Organisation of Nigeria Core Values
- Customer Focus
It has come to the attention of the management of the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON) that some unauthorized and faceless persons have been misleading the public on a purported recruitment exercise being undertaken by SON for 2017/2018.
The management of SON hereby disassociates itself from the said publication and all information contained therein.
We wish to warn the general public to please disregard information on any website other than the SON official website www.son.gov.ng
Please note that whenever the Standards Organisation of Nigeria secures government approval to undertake staff recruitment, such information and the procedure to be followed by prospective applicants, will be duly published in line with due process.