If you will like to apply for Non-Immigrant/Immigrant Visa Assistant Recruitment 2018/2019 Exercise then we are glad to inform you that 2018 Non-Immigrant/Immigrant Visa Assistant Recruitment application form is out online. The Non-Immigrant/Immigrant Visa Assistant Recruitment 2018/2019 Application Form is currently available and all interested candidates are to follow the steps here.
The U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria is seeking to employ eligible and qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Non-Immigrant/Immigrant Visa Assistant
Announcement Number: Lagos-2018-072
Series/Grade: LE – 1405 8
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type: Permanent
Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Job Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- The incumbent performs the complex task of processing the full range of non-immigrant and immigrant visas for Nigerian citizens and third-country nationals.
- S/he refers only unusual, complex or questionable cases to the Team Lead, LES Staff supervisor, or Consular Officer.
- Incumbent will be one of the four rotating visa unit team members, who share duties over the course of the year within the Visa Unit.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Experience: Three years of customer service work experience in the application of regulatory material or processes is required.
- Must develop a detailed knowledge of U.S. immigration laws, regulations and procedures.
- Must develop a thorough understanding of all computer-based Non-Immigrant Visa (NIV) and Immigrant Visa Overseas (IVO) programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pre-Law, Communications, or Social Science field is required.
These may be tested:
- Language: Level IV (fluent) speaking/reading/writing in English is required. Level IV (fluent) speaking/reading/writing in Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as proficiency in keyboard, data entry skills, with the ability to type 25 WPM with 90% accuracy.
- Ability to draft correspondence, be tactful and apply sound judgement in dealing with the public and maintain appropriate confidentiality is required.
- Must be able to work under pressure and prioritize work to meet team requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
Immigrant Visa Assistant Recruitment 2018 Required Documents
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable).
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2018.